Boston Walking Tour: Young Families & Children
Gregg Squeglia, Knockabout Travel
1 July 2019
Traveling with the little ones? No problem. Boston has plenty to do for young families. Choose from this menu of options and you should have some happy kiddos and parents.
- Start the day at the Boston Children’s Museum, where the kids can enjoy a few hours of interactive exhibits and staff-led activities. Groggy parents can grab coffee at Flour Bakery before arrival, 2 blocks from the museum.
- It’s only a short walk to Boston Tea Party Ships & Museum, where families can learn about the British policies that ignited the angst of American Patriots, and even participate in throwing a case of tea overboard.
- You might be getting hungry by now, so enjoy a stroll along the Rose Kennedy Greenway to the Granary Tavern for some lunch. All the usual kid's bites are available, plus plenty on the menu to satisfy the adults.
- After lunch, walk across the street for a 3D IMAX film at the New England Aquarium.
- A tour of Fenway Park is a highlight for any baseball fan, not just kids. Tours are available on select days only, so be sure to check the schedule HERE before heading that way. If you are traveling with kids, then Uber is going to be your most convenient, and possibly cheapest way to get there. But feel free to take the subway for the full Boston experience. From the Aquarium, take the T Blue Line to Government Center, then the B, C, or D branches of the Green Line to the Kenmore stop.
- If you had only a light lunch, then grab dinner at the Cask ‘n Flagon. Pub food is the specialty here with plenty of options for the whole family.
"There is only one thing more precious than our time and that's who we spend it on."
- Leo Christopher, Author
Use this map to assist with navigating the walking route.
Fenway Park is America's oldest Major League Baseball park. Tours are available most days.
Buy the Book
Get the Knockabout Rapid Traveler Guide to Boston for all the latest info on the hottest destinations, attractions, restaurants and more. Plan ahead and make the most of your time while in the city.
Available now on Amazon and Apple iBooks.